I am on Facebook

Wednesday 3 September 2014

My natural remedy for upset tummies.

This is something that has been in my family for as long as I remember myself. The smell of this herbal tea brings me back and fills me with this sensation of everything being OK. This simple herbal tea made from Lemon Balm and Spearmint/Mint (Mentha Spicata) is my miracle remedy for upset tummies and great help when fighting any sort of cold. I make sure I grow these two plants wherever  I move. Very easy to grow, these two plants are easily mistaken for just being weeds. Siply cut the plant down before winter (still leave about 2-3 inch stems above ground). The herbs start grow back again in spring. These herbs unlike many others are not suitable for drying or freezing as the essential oils are very unstable and disappear quickly. 
Simply boil water, let it cool for 5 min and poor over the washed herbs. Cover with lid and leave for 5-10 min for best result. Drink as it is or add honey and some fresh lemon juice.
Herbal Tea. Thea Caldwell






No comments:

Post a Comment