I am on Facebook

Friday 1 August 2014

Pebble Art

Love Heart Pebble Art


Pebble Art


One thing I like to make sure when travel is to take away with me a little keepsake or something I can use in my craft and design projects (and I am not talking about the usual touristy souvenirs) I mean something unique.
During our holidays we had a day trip to Torquay which is famously known as the heart of the English Riviera and even more famous as the birth place of Agatha Christie! Beautiful and stunning place, left me speechless. Loved every minute of our visit.  Just before we headed back on the road we found a small bay with an easy walking access from the main road. It was nice and secluded, however there was no sand but the beach was made of pebbles. Small and big, soft and smooth, rounded by years of being blasted and tumbled by the water.  We did have a nice swim, as the water was warm and shallow.  Bunch of teenagers were jumping in the sea off the near-by rocks, they were laughing and having a great fun.
I suddenly had an idea and asked my daughter to start looking for pebbles with white lines across. It turned into an interesting game, it wasn’t difficult at all as there were plenty to choose from.
I had seen similar image sold by IKEA so I wanted to make something similar and here’s the result. Love the image, so very Nautical. The sun light was in my favour as well. We managed to bring all pebbles back with us and I'll try in a few days to create this image as 3D art canvas. Still not sure what to use for the background. However very pleased with the photo image.

No comments:

Post a Comment